Friday, December 19, 2014



During the month of december during the VEF2 class, the first project assigned was this fluid fire in Maya. My objective was to replicate a match, using the newly learned Maya tools which I will explain. The first and for most is to create a 3D fluid box which contains and houses all fluid effects. adding a emitter and making ludicrous amounts of adjustments in the attribute editor. mostly messing with things like velocity, value axis, buoyancy and others.
For this project I was assigned to research and create a new effect that we have not learned in class, for this I chose a fluid tornado. This was completely new to me, using numerous online sources I a simple process. First creating a fluid container and making 3 emitters in a triangle formation. Emitter type to value, Valume shape cube, Density rate 20. Create a volume axis change the magnitude to 30 and the shape to cylinder. Mess with the transparency, change the color to desired, lower the opacity. add self shade to the tornado, up the resolution for great quality and have fun.
My final project, a flooded street view. This project required me to create an ocean and modify the settings in maya to make it seam more life like. Creating a wake for the fire hydrant and the bus stop to add collision, making the water semi transparent in order to vaguely see the street texture under the water. I wanted to add costeax because it looks beautiful but time would not allow that.

No comments:

Post a Comment