Sunday, January 31, 2016






Interview Assignment
Stephen Jones
Full Sail University












My interview topic is about Lisa Square who is a current realtor investor in the housing market. She has been in the real-estate market for a couple years and has found success in her job. Lucky to a connection of mine I was able to contact her and ask for a short interview which she accepted. During our interview I asked her what exactly she does to which she responded that she goes on the market to buy houses against other realtors and flips them, meaning she fixes them up and then resells them for a higher price. Within the job a lot of game theory is necessary for her because her competition in the field is high and she needs to negotiate with lots of people, making pretty much everything a variable to her. A good example she used was how she uses groups like on Facebook of realtors to help her if she ask questions and to get the inside scoop on properties. Another question I asked I asked Mrs. Square was if there are any dirty tricks in which she encountered, she responded yes and said that there are but is very difficult to spot. However she did give me an example of one she came across during her time, her example was while she does her job and finds a house she likes and wants to buy she would make a bid and sometimes others would make a higher bid which is a regular thing. However sometimes the seller would make a deal with someone to bid higher on the property so that he would get more from the first bidder. Lastly I asked her what was her back up plan if it didn’t work, her BATNA. She responded “Then I would search for another house and move on. Even if I liked the house a lot if it’s a bad investment then I just have to move on to the next, there is always another opportunity somewhere”.





Reference Page

Square, L. (2016, January 27). Interview Assignment [Telephone interview].

No comments:

Post a Comment